We are proud to be participating in the local Toys For Tots program again this year. Last year also being our first to participate was great. Below is last years photo of the toys we took in which all went to children in need around our area. There are many excellent charities in need especially throughout the Holidays but this is one of our favorites. All donations go to local families in need and sends a message that there truly are people who care. Occasionally we all have difficult times in our lives but even more often we forget about those having even more difficult times for a lot longer period. Please help ensure that NO child goes without a gift by dropping off a new toy by December 12th. Anyone wishing to make cash donations may do so by visiting the Toys For Tots official website. It is important to note that 97% of all donations go to support the mission of providing less fortunate children with books, toys, and other items. The remaining 3% supports fundraising events with not one dollar going to salaries or any other manpower costs.
HOME HEATING SAFETY
Heating fires account for 36% of residential home fires in rural areas every year. Please take a couple minutes to read over the Safety Tips found here..... Following these tips will greatly increase your chances of avoiding loss of property and more importantly avoid loss of life. In addition to these Please insure you have working smoke detectors. We all have busy schedules and far too often fail to take just a few minutes ensuring our own safety and that of our loved ones.
Broad River Volunteer Fire & Rescue is pleased to offer its community a place to dispose of used cooking oil. The container is located beside the main station in a well lit area and available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Blue Ridge Biofuels will routinely empty the container so that the oil may be used for other purposes. There is a sign located at the bin which should answer any questions. We hope everyone will take advantage of this recycling program and tour the station while you are here.
Can emergency responders find you Day & Night? Help us to better serve You. Please ensure your home has a visible address marker. Markers are available at the Fire Station and can be made while you wait. The life they save may be your own. Under Buncombe County Fire Prevention Code all homes are required to have visible address numbers.